It’s the start of a new year, and you may be feeling ready and motivated to make changes to your health and fitness. It can be difficult to stay consistent with your fitness goals, but with a few simple tips, you can stay focused and make progress.
Firstly, make sure to set realistic goals for yourself that are achievable. It’s important to break down your goals into smaller, achievable steps so that you can slowly progress towards your ultimate goal.
Secondly, try to stick to a regular fitness routine that works for you. This could be going to the gym, attending fitness classes, or simply going for a walk or jog. Scheduling this time in your calendar or diary can be a really helpful way to make time for your new habit and stick to it.
Lastly, make sure to reward yourself when you reach milestones or accomplish your goals. This will help you stay motivated and encourage you to keep going.
5 Tips Keep Your New Years Fitness Goals
1. Make a plan: Set realistic and achievable goals. Writing them down and revisiting them regularly will help keep you motivated and remind you of your progress.
2. Get support: Find a friend, family member, or fitness buddy to help you stay accountable and motivated. Having someone to share your experiences and successes with can be a great motivator.
3. Track your progress: Track your progress with a journal or a fitness app. This will help you to stay on track and make adjustments to your goals as needed.
3. Take breaks: Don’t forget to take breaks, both physically and mentally. Taking breaks helps prevent burnout and can give you the motivation to keep going.
4. Work out for you: Every individual body is different and, as we age, things like hormone imbalances and bone density can affect how we can safely and effectively work out. Avoid common mistakes here.
5. Celebrate your successes: Celebrate your successes and accomplishments, no matter how small they may seem. This will help keep you motivated to reach your goals.
Do You Struggle To Keep Fitness Goals?
Following these tips can help you stay on track with your fitness goals in the new year. But it isn’t always that easy and it can feel very disheartening.
If you’d like to discuss working with me to improve your fitness, nutrition and mindset with a personalised program then get in touch today.
To see what previous clients have to say, click here!